This is seriously my favorite paleo recipe to date. It is ridiculously easy, hearty, and loved by the whole family. It is perfect for those fall days when the weather gets cooler and the schedule gets tighter! I hesitate to call is minestrone, but whatever it is, it is bomb! It also makes for a hearty left-over lunch. Hope you enjoy!
PS If you were wondering why I have not been posting as frequently as before, it is partly due to my crazy busy schedule, and partly due to haters that get me down. But we all know that haters gonna hate, so I might as well just do my thing right?
- 1-2 Diced Sweet Potatoes (I don’t peel them)
- 1 cup chopped carrot (I use baby carrots so I don’t have to peel them)
- 2-3 chopped celery stalks
- 2 chopped zucchinis or yellow squash
- ½ cup diced onions and shallot (I buy a pre-diced mix and throw in a handful)
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 28 oz box of chicken, veggie, or beef broth
- 28 oz can of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup fresh spinach, kale, or other green
- 3tsp Italian Seasoning
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper (This gives it so much flavor! It is my husband’s favorite part)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil or other cooking fat
- 1-2 lb Ground beef (or other ground meat)
- Put all of the veggies and seasoning in the crockpot. (I usually do this the night before)
- Pour the broth and tomatoes in and cook in a crock pot on low for 8 hours. ( I usually do this in the morning before work)
- Before you serve, cook ground beef in the olive oil or other cooking fat with salt and pepper to taste. (I usually do this when I get home from work)
- Stir meat into soup and enjoy!