Another quick, healthy and super filling pressure cooker coming your way!
- 4-6 pork chops
- Salt, Pepper, Cajun Spice Mix
- 2 cups of brown rice
- 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 diced bell pepper
- ¼ cup pre-diced onion
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil on the browning setting of the pressure cooker.
- When the oil is hot, brown 4-6 pork chops (seasoned with salt, pepper, and a pinch of cajun spice) on each side for a couple of minutes.
- Take the pork chops out and pour 2 cups of brown rice in the oil. Brown the rice for a couple of minutes.
- Put the pork chops back in the pressure cooker along with 2 cans of tomatoes (I like the kind that are seasoned with garlic and basil), 1 diced bell pepper, and about ¼ cup pre-diced onion.
- Stir well and set pressure cooker to 9 minutes on high (It takes 10 minutes to heat up to high).
This is a great meal for pork lovers. The flavor of the pork chop is distributed throughout the dish and the rice makes it hearty enough to fill a hungry husband before our evening run.
I’d love a comment or two. <3